Frat Wars: King of Thieves. Book Review

FRAT WARS: King of Thieves. I think a four star rating is "Frat as Fuck"

                                                        

It wasn't that long ago when Saxon James, in legendary collaboration with Eden Finley gave us something new, amazing and saucy to read. Unsurprisingly and thankfully, Saxon did not disappoint this round again and good gracious am I still coming down from the high of Saxon's latest gem that is Frat Wars: King of Thieves. 

So Basically the book is about two frat brothers where one is the cool, calm, Bailey, whose Kappa brothers are in rival with the Sigma house. The Kappas are your typical preppy, well put together future leaders, philanthropists, CEOs of tomorrow. The Sigmas are your run in the dirt and spend hours chasing a ball for dollars bread type. 

In my mind there shouldn't be a problem with their differences but when you're in college, these differences matter. Especially when under 26, when their prefrontal cortexes aren't fully developed yet, as infamously cited by real life Sophia Bush on her tumultuous divorce with Murray. "I think lots of people do stupid s--t before their prefrontal cortexes are fully formed and they're not until they're 26. So you do the math on...” 

ANYWAY...moving on, Bailey's Kappa brothers do not get along with the Sigma house. The Kappas as a collective from their President down to their less than pledge, hate the Sigma Vice President, Chad with a passion. And it is not without reason, which makes it make sense since Chad likes to troll them, for fun. To make it even more interesting, Chad has fun with all his pranks on them. THANKFULLY, Bailey, the Kappa new pledge/member with an unfair advantage has never met his house's number one enemy. I said thankfully because how they meet *mwa-achef's kiss* is stuff of history literally plays. 

It's cute, delicious, it even gets steamy at some point and it allows for the real story to begin, not that the opening pages aren't enough to demand your full focus, because this book and water? Same WhatsApp group, I swear. While I'm sure the Kappas are most likely to make me free my hair from my ponytail, put on some heels and flirt because they're usually my type. In this book, it's the quintessential Kappa bros -all of them - but especially Chad, that stole my heart.

The last sex scene, yea, I'm sure those that already read this fantastic book already which one I'm talking about. Sure it was nice, sexy and much appreciated but all those facts don't take away from the fact that it should've been a little more private first times. Ya feel? I don't want my review to give too much away in the case of saving on spoilers but I will point this out: 

  • If you like your men good in the streets and freaky between the sheets...this is your book.
  • Seemingly bad guys that wear their hearts on their letterman jackets...go read this book.
  • Dumb jocks that don't get off on sympathy or falsitudes?...I said read it now!
  • Hear this trope - Should be enemies to lovers? Gasp...you're reading it aren't you?
  • Or more accurately. Pseudo-rivals to lovers, opposites attract...you already read this didn't you? 
  • Secret are relationships are "Frat as F*ck."  


HEAT RATING: 80%

BOOK LINK HEREhttps://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/58896219-frat-wars





Comments

  1. This was a good read, I finished it in a single day. It finished too soon, I didn’t want it to end. I wanted it to go on forever you know? Anyone else? I hear there’s a second book coming out and I want to say I saw it coming.

    PS: thanks for following me on Wattpad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Break Point by Garry Michael. Book Review